So I’ve sold my black beauty – whats next?
This marks my new journey ahead filled with lots of excitement and mixed feelings.
I am officially uprooting and moving to a new place as of this month (June 2017). I’m moving to a place that I’ve never thought about moving to before and that place is Hong Kong.
It’s a testament of God’s plans and goodness in my life as I continuously entrust to Him my future, plans and purposes. I do not yet know what lies ahead beyond a new career but i do know that jumping across the ravines of uncertainty to arrive at the next level requires an attempt. Taking great strides to just do it! Cause life is much more awesome that way.
Even before I depart – I’ve learned a few key lessons shared below.
- Positioning – like a gps positioning device which could be use to find people or your current location. You need to be prepared to give a response when you are called or pinged upon especially when you pray. Be positioned in the right authority / place and be constantly open to new possibilities. I constantly prepped and bettered my self at my tools of trade. On top of taking new responsibilities and challenges in the workplace even though its not on my KPI.
- Patience – you might for the lack of better word, “hate” what you do. There will be tasks that you like and don’t like. Do it well, do it with foresight. Patience is the key to the right roles. There is always something new to learn wherever you are at. I could have jumped earlier and missed the boat or the ship for that matter.
- Personal development – this is the sweet sauce that goes on top of whatever we do. We must set aside time to read, apply, repeat. IF you are too engrossed or too attached emotionally to your tasks, you will be a tasks slave. In order to be on top of things – I had to spend extra time to read, study and then apply what I learn into my every day tasks. Only you can prioritize your own development – no one else will do that for you. Else status quo it is.
- Perspective – having the right perspective in your current situation will excite the balls out of you. Our time on earth is limited – don’t sweat over the un-happy things at work or in life too long. Switch your frame, probably is time to pick up something new or make someone’s day better. Things weren’t all awesome in my 4 years – but I looked for enough sweet stuff to keep me running on with joy.
- People – this is my favourite of them all. Surround yourselves with the right people. People with foresight – most importantly, people who know how to have fun. Life’s a drag if it’s all a ball of task lines to complete. Our work will not attend our funeral when we pass on. I have met the most awesome people in my office, out of my office, in church and out of church. Learn to add value and also learn from the people around you. Go out for meals, buy someone a meal – build experiences together not expectations of one another.
This is my 2nd time to actually go to Hong Kong, the 1st for a vacation and now for a new career. On top of all that “Number 5” is the one that makes it all so difficult. Going to be missing my future wife for a few months till our wedding date and then she will move over. I am also going to miss everyone in Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu terribly. It hasn’t all sink in yet but it is slowly.
Hope to write more as I run on this journey ahead.